SAFEGUARD FROM ABUSE™ Child Abuse AWARENESS Video Training and Certification
Current • Thorough • Comprehensive • Engaging • Affordable
SecureSearch™ is proud to provide our clients with valuable child abuse AWARENESS training through our sister company Safeguard From Abuse™. Whether you are a church, youth sports organization, school, camp, foster care, adoption agency, or any other organization interacting with children, we can help protect those you serve.
Child abuse, be it sexual, physical, emotional or neglectful is a harsh reality! It’s devastating affects permanently alters the lives of the victims, siblings, parents, grandparents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends. All are impacted forever.
While background checks are certainly needed, they REALLY are not enough to fully protect the vulnerable youth that your organization interacts with. Many abusers do NOT yet have a record to be found via background screening! Frequently, they are active for many years before being discovered as individuals don’t know what to do with the knowledge, may not want to get someone in trouble, and often kids are too scared to report it. In fact, less than 10% of perpetrators are ever criminally prosecuted.
You can help stop abuse by training your staff and volunteers to be AWARE of the signs.
Safeguard From Abuse™ will Educate on:
- Types of abuse
- Signs of abuse
- Psychology of victims and offenders
- Compiling evidence and documentation
- Learning when and whom to call for help
- Basic first aid (optional)
Safeguard From Abuse™ was designed to create an additional layer of Risk Management & Due Diligence for your Child Safety Protocol. Whether accusations are real or false, providing training will minimize risk of litigation and adverse press. It is your responsibility to ensure that your organization and the children in your care are safe. The powerful combination of background checks and a child abuse awareness program will deter the abuser from infiltrating your organization.
Sad Reality – Child Abuse Facts & Statistics:
- 1 out of 4 girls are sexually abused before the age of 18
- 1 out of 7 boys are sexually abused before the age of 18
- Sexual predators target places where children are present
- The more “built in” trust there is, the greater chances of abuse
- Child abuse victims are more likely to inflict abuse on others
- Child fatalities due to abuse and neglect are severely under reported
- Over 90% of abuse is perpetrated by someone the victim knows
Awareness and knowing the signs empowers you with the ability to protect those who are vulnerable. Education and Training are critical in preventing child abuse. Be a Part of the Solution!!! Contact Safeguard From Abuse™ today.